Used as default font style for all text information. Also known as body-default in UI ToolKit.
Used for editorial content such as long-form articles like Expert Advice pages or editorial content on PDP pages. Also known as body-editorial in UI ToolKit.
To ensure that usage of this component complies with accessibility guidelines:
- Text container does not exceed 634px or line length does not exceed more than 75 characters
- Minimize use of reversed-out body copy because it’s harder to read
- When possible, use the first sentence as an introduction to the paragraph. With screen readers, users can listen to the first sentence and then jump to the next paragraph
- Break long pages into shorter sections by organizing content into well-defined groups or chunks
This component has compliance with following WebAIM’s accessibility guidelines:
- WCAG SC 1.4.8: Visual presentation: Cedar Design System text component provides for spacing for:
- Within paragraphs, line spacing is at least 1.5 times font height
- Between paragraphs, at least 1.5 times larger than the line spacing