Collect items to be displayed in a list when items are not marked with bullets. This is the default and is also known as unordered and undecorated “bare” list.
Collect related items that don’t need to be in a specific order or sequence. List items are typically marked with bullets.
Collect related items with numeric order or sequence. Numbering starts at 1 with the first list item and increases by increments of 1 for each successive ordered list item.
Display items horizontally with no divider.
Inline - Unordered
Display items horizontally, separated by a bullet character.
To ensure that usage of this component complies with accessibility guidelines:
- Organize lists so users can understand the relationship and grouping of information
- Use explicit list markup that allows users to:
- Rapidly browse
- Navigate a page using list content
- Announce the number of items in each list when using screen readers
When creating nested lists, ensure they are coded properly. Always check that:
- List items are contained within one list
- Spacing does not break a list into multiple individual points
- Proper semantic tags are used - either
- Proper structure is used to provide a visual list, do not rely on indentation
- Special characters are not used to create a list
This component has compliance with WCAG guidelines by:
- Providing ability to create structured lists. Lists are easier to navigate than simple tables